Missy, internet researcher
Experience:  10 plus years of internet research experience

harassment through snail mail

Customer Question

How would I go about stopping someone from harassing me through the mail?
Expert:  Missy replied 10 years ago.
Contact your local police station and post office. Don't handle if you don't need to. Police will work with post office to put an end to it.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Missy's Post: okay, we know who is sending us the mail but there is no way to prove it. If we called the police wouldn't it just be our word against theirs? I already know it would be denied by the people doing it. Is calling the police really a good idea?
Expert:  Missy replied 10 years ago.
This way the police would have record of it and the people would know that your are serious. It may scare them enought to stop.
If it does get serious enough the police may opt to fingerprint the mail.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Relist: I prefer a second opinion.
I know certain parties are signing me up for mail that does not apply to me..examples being sex change information for my fiancee, pornographic video subscriptions, and Durable medical equipment for mentally impaired individuals (Catalogues). I am just asking if there is anything that can be done to stop it. I am almost positive that no I can not stop it. Anytime, in the past when I've dealt with the police in regard to these particular people harassing me they have told me it's a domestic matter, if anyone was hurt then they would do something otherwise tough luck. So you can see my frustration. There is no way to prove that I am being signed up for subscriptions with out my knowledge so how can I stop it?
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Relist: I prefer a second opinion.