LegalEagle, LLC
LegalEagle, LLC, Licensed Attorney
Experience:  Actual online opinions from actual attorneys! Check out all of our positive feedback!
1031076

How do I fire my attorney. Please provide a sample letter

I am not satisfied with the way my attorney has handled my case and want to fire her. I need a sample letter to use as a guidline for my letter of termination to her.
Expert:  4ren6 replied 8 years ago.

Ma'am you simply write a letter stating to her that you are releasing of any and all obligations regarding the retention of her by yourself. The effective end date of retention will have to be notated.

there are no specific form letters unless you want me to draft you one and in that case I would need all relevant information. If you want to go this route you can pm me the info instead of listing it all here.

But the above is all you need to do. Once received she will no longer be in your retention and you will not be under obligation to pay unless a contract was signed between you stating that you could not dismiss her without other remedies.

And you have already done the right thing with the certified letters.

Send this certified return receipt with signature.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: I had requested a sample letter but did not receive one. I also do not know if it would be more advantageous to fire my attorney or let her withdraw from handling my case, or if it really matters? I also noticed you are not an attorney so I'm not sure how valid your response is.
Expert:  4ren6 replied 8 years ago.

I had posted the comment of:

there are no specific form letters unless you want me to draft you one and in that case I would need all relevant information.

If this is indeed what your wanting then I would need the information requested. I would be more then happy to draft it.

Your comment:

I am not satisfied with the way my attorney has handled my case and want to fire her. followed by your second comment of: I also do not know if it would be more advantageous to fire my attorney or let her withdraw from handling my case, or if it really matters?

I answered what you posted in your first post ma'am. I will be glad to discuss the advantages vs. the disadvantages which actually are few.

Your comment of: I also noticed you are not an attorney so I'm not sure how valid your response is.

If you want an attorney then we will locate one for you. I have over 25 years service with Federal and State Law Enforcement and am very familiar with proper etiquette to wards lawyers. I sat been on the bench as an "Expert Witness" many times and now the legal needs of both the defense and prosecution.

If you would like for me to continue to help you I would be delighted to do so.

If you would prefer to wait for an attorney then request LegleEagle. His is a practicing attorney.

What ever we at Just Answer can do to satisfy your needs will be done. Just let me or us know.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: I would prefer to wait for an attorney and would request LegleEagle to respond. This is the first time I have used this service so I'm not sure how to contact LegleEagle. Does my reply automatically get sent to him??
Expert:  LegalEagle, LLC replied 8 years ago.

MJ:

Whether you fire your attorney or simply let her withdraw is probably immaterial at this point in time, but if you desire to affirmatively discharge your counsel, here's a sample from which you can draft your own letter.

Dear [insert attorney name]

Please be advised that, effect immediately, I am terminating the attorney-client relationship and would request that you cease providing any additional representation on my behalf. I have secured the services of [insert new attorney name] to represent my interests and would request that my entire file be transferred to his/her office. If you would prefer that I personally retrieve my file, please advise as to when you will be able to make my file available and I will pick up same from your office.

I would lastly request that you provide to me a detail billing statement that includes all of your time records ofr this representation.

I look forward to hearing from you soon in this regard and hope this correspondence finds you well.

Sincerely,

MJ Lawson.

Good luck.

LegalEagle, LLC, Licensed Attorney
Experience: Actual online opinions from actual attorneys! Check out all of our positive feedback!