Dr.Diana
Dr.Diana, Forensics / Law Officer / Counselor
Experience:  Forensic Psychology ( Legal Issues) / Justice Studies / Former CA Law Officer / PreLaw + ThD
313355

CAN I FILE A LAW SUIT AGAINST A SOCIAL WORKER

Customer Question

MY SOCIAL WORKER DID NOT PERFORM JOB DUTYS RIGHT
Expert:  Dr.Diana replied 11 years ago.

Have you appealed the descision she made and asked for a "Fair Hearing" yet? You usually have 10-30 days to do this and need to submit your request in writting to the welfare department office.

Once you have, they MUST grant you an appeal...and an impartial hearing officer will come from another office to hear your concerns. I have had to do this many times with good results. Even in the Foster Care system, a parent has the right to request a hearing about placement, treatment, etc. It is the first and best way to get results.

You can also request that this particular case worker be removed from your case. I have had to do this as well. I have an autistic child whom requires specialized care and has extreme behavior problems that has caused him to be in treatment facilities and foster care although he is back home with us now (thank goodness).

Now, if you feel that these other avenues can not meet you & your child's needs, you should probably contact a local attorney who can give you a free- no-cost consultation about filing an injunction against the case worker...although I must say that this would be VERY difficult.

Your best bet would be to appeal discisions and ask for a different worker.

Let me know if you need more information on this.

And please remember to click 'ACCEPT' ...and/or... provide more details. Bonuses and feedback are greatly appreciated. Ask for me again anytime.

_________________________

"always willing to answer, counsel, and help..."

www.angelfire.com/planet/humantreatmentgroup