4ren6, Forensics/CSI
Experience:  Sworn Expert Witness in Criminal Law. Sworn Expert Courtroom Testimony.

what are average settlements for a broken ankle

what is the average settlment in a neglagence law suit for a broken ankle with torn ligaments
Expert:  4ren6 replied 10 years ago.

The answer to that question in front of a jury will be asked in opening remarks of "What a reasonable Jury would award".

It really depends on a number of factors. Medical bills, future medical bills, pain, pain and suffering, loss wages,lost future wages, lack to enjoy life as prior to the injury.

These are questions that only the attorneys and Jury/Judge/Mediator and really decide. I know that your wanting a ball park figure but all case's are different. And each is settled for amounts more or less then plaintiffs though they may receive.

If you have legal counsel then they are truly the only one's after reviewing your case that can give a correct answer to your question.

I would pursue it though if your the injured person and not at fault. You may very well have a good case.

If this has answered your question then please accept and continue to leave feedback. If you require further assistance on this please reply.

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: did not get an accurate answer... just a vague and legal jargon.. it was a simple question and should have a simple answer or a range
Expert:  4ren6 replied 10 years ago.

Question was answered. Your question was subjective in nature and no on can give you an average. They all very. I will not lie and guess a answer for you.

I have gone through the above scenario myself in litigation and the answers are never the same for this type case. They all vary.

Your attorney will have you sign documents for motion to file that will pertain to the "reasonable jury" statement.

Sorry you feel this is vague. I would at this point contact and retain an attorney to verify the above post.

good day.

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: i wanted an answer based on the fact that this was pure neglagence. a broken bone and torn ligaments. there must be a range even if it is between 10 and 200,000 dollars. there must be a past case with an average settlement .sorry i am not satisfied with a vague answer.. sounds like a lawyer speaking!!!
Expert:  4ren6 replied 10 years ago.

Well all case's are different. Settlements may range from $500.00 to $1,000.000.00. Most of these case's are settled in mediation prior to court.

Perhaps this will assit you: