The Mystic Wave
The Mystic Wave, Paralegal
Experience:  30 yrs. exp. in the legal profession. Specializing in Personal Injury, Criminal, Civil & more.
6999

Utility Company s Unfair Billings

Customer Question

Gas Company was request to shut of service in March when I lost my house too foreclosure. House was sold 04/12/05 has now had two owners since me but I am still being billed since they are not allowed in to read meter. Now bill in excess of $200 I only made $11,700 last yr. can't pay a bill that is not mine and was tolld if I don't I will have no heat this winter in my new apt. HELP!
Expert:  The Mystic Wave replied 11 years ago.

Greetings:

You need to send them proof that you haven't lived in the house since March, that it was in foreclosure and eventually sold. Any documentation that you have to substantiate same must be sent to the Gas Company.

You may have great difficulty trying to get this information across to them - they may refuse to wipe out this bill. However, you must ask to speak to a supervisor and continue to explain to them that you have not lived at the premises, that you were not responsible for paying the bill for the new owners. If they still refuse to resolve this matter and should they shut off your heat in your new apt., you may need to seek the assistance of an attorney or you can file a small claims action against them.

I hope this helps.

If you wish for further assistance, please let me know.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to The Mystic Wave's Post: Sorry I have ALREADY done all that you suggested about letting them know I no longer own the property. The first new owner who bought it at the foreclosure sale by the State did change the electricity out of my name on the day they bought it. However the gas is from Aquilla a out of state company and no local people will acknowledge that anything can or will be done for me they claim their hands are tied since the meter has to be read to shut it off and no one at the property will allow them inside.

Greetings:

Thank you for getting back to me and sharing this information.

Is this company in Canada?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to The Mystic Wave's Post: Dug out my last bill for this info and found out I spelled the compaies name incorrectly.   The correct spelling is :
Aquila and their home office for our region is in Kansas City, MO
Expert:  joseph barcus replied 11 years ago.
show them bills to where youre at now or where you have been. go to the court house maybe and get record of sale. I agree with mystic shes right on Q just have to keep calling them every day until they are tired of hearing from you.

Greetings:

Thank you for responding.

Below is the website link for Aquila. You need to contact the Commissioner to file your complaint with them. Advise them, via certified mail, return receipt requested, that if they do not remedy this matter, you will seek court intervention. Ask them to please contact you to confirm that they will do as such.

If they do not respond within 15 days, contact them via telephone - advise them to remedy the matter.

If they don't respond, you may need to seek an attorney.

The Missouri Public Service Commission

Public Information Office
Governor Office Building
200 Madison Street
PO Box 360
Jefferson City, MONNN-NN-NNNNBR>MAIN PHONE: 1.573.751.3234
MAIN TOLL FREE: 1.800.392.4211
Email PSC E-mail:[email protected]
MANUFACTURED HOUSING: 1.800.819.3180

I hope this helps.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave