The Mystic Wave
The Mystic Wave, Paralegal
Experience:  30 yrs. exp. in the legal profession. Specializing in Personal Injury, Criminal, Civil & more.
6999

what forms are needed for bail

Customer Question

I live in San Bernardino California and want to put my house up for bail (bail is 50,000)(Without a bail bondsman) and need to know the proper forms to get and where I can get them. They are not available at the court house and they will not tell me at the law library where the court sent me! It really should be mandatory that we have those papers available through the court house, but we don't seems they want us to pay a bail bondsman instead!
Expert:  The Mystic Wave replied 11 years ago.

Greetings:

I'm in L.A. county. What did they tell you at the courthouse?

I have a friend who owns a bail bonds company - I can assist you. I can contact her tomorrow.

Let me know what the court indicated.

Thank you.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to The Mystic Wave's Post: The court house first said get a bail bondsman. I told the clerk we don't have to she checked and said I was right. She then told me to get the forms from the law library. I went there and was told they could not give me advive but said I could look it up! Good Lord...All those books!!! I don't have the money to hire an attorney and pay money for bond for my mentally ill brother. It is heart breaking trying to find out what I need!

Greetings:

Thank you for responding. I will try to contact my friend now - and will obtain the appropriate information and necessary documentation to assist you and your brother.

I will be in touch as soon as I have the information..

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Greetings:

Please refer to the following site for information concerning bail and the proper forms - Note that this is for the county of Orange - but, this pertains to all courts in the State of California - just make sure that you put the correct county (San Bernardino or the county wherein your brother is being held) and any other such court information.

Any documents requiring your signature must be signed before a Notary Public.

Also, please review the following as this may be required:

Below is a link for an Application and Agreement for Surety Bail Bond. You would need to fill out the upper portion of the document in full - Note the following: if this form is needed, sign your name and the lower portion of this document which is entitled "Surety Bail Bond Agreement" in front of a Notary Public.

Other forms that may be necessary (be sure to put the correct county, San Bernardino or the county wherein your brother is being held)- please refer to the following website:

After completing the forms, follow the instructions as listed above (as stated in the Orange County link)...concerning filing with the court.

I did not have any success in contacting my friend this evening...I will do so tomorrow - If you need anything else in the meantime, please let me know.

I will contact you again as soon as I talk to my friend.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to The Mystic Wave's Post: If the information isn't correct am I still obligated to pay the $50.00? I really won't have a problem with paying ...just not sure if information is correct? please [email protected]

Greetings:

Thank you for getting back to me. Yes, the information is correct that I have provided herein. I am waiting to hear back from my friend, being that she owns a bail bonds company. I was hoping for her to be available earlier. She is out of the office until 4 p.m. today.

I will call the court in the meantime since I am familiar with many court clerks in the State of California.

I will be in touch soon.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Thank you...I am going to take this form to the court house on Monday, after I get it notorized.
I am also taking a copy of the apprassal of my home...not sure what else I will need. I did find some other forms but I am not sure which ones will be accepted. Any direction to what I need to do would be so much appriciated. Thanks

GreetingsCustomer

Please know that I have been in contact with my friend who owns a bail bonds company. She stated that it takes much longer to process the paperwork for bail doing so individually. You will need to come up with the 10% of the bail amount - which is, in your case, $5,000 (10% of $50,000). You will need to get your property appraised.. All the documents I have pointed out to you, in the links above, are correct.

However, please know that my friend is willing to assist you. She has lenders that will come out to your house/property immediately and appraise it - and she will treat your matter as an IOU - meaning that you will not have to put up any monies at all - the paperwork can be processed immediately and you can have your brother out of jail within a relatively short period of time. Please let me know if you would like to go about contacting my friend and using her services.

If not, the information I provided in my previous responses are correct as far as paperwork/documents are concerned and this is all I can offer you at this time.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
so far they are not correct! I took the form to the court house and it is not acceptable. I already had my house appraised I knew this already. I had already been to the site you directed me to so that was of no help either...I am still searching for the right forms. If I wanted to hire a bail bondsman I can find one myself...I want to do the forms myself as I told you I don't have the monies to throw away to a bondsman

Greetings:

Thank you for responding. I'm very sorry the forms are not correct. I know that there is a package to present to the court for bail. I provided you with certain information that I am familiar with. I am sorry that the court rejected it. However, the court rejects many things - and does so more than several times - they are very picky....one has to have it exactly right...or, it could be the clerk that is unfamiliar and will reject it even though it is corect .....Attorneys run into this always.

In that case, they should have told you what was needed then. I do know that certain information can be found at the library, but you stated that they would not tell you there.

Yes, I read your question correctly in that you did not want to go through a bail bonds - however, I was trying to genuinely help you - as I stated this is a friend of mine and she is willing to assist you - that you will not have to put up the 10%......I'm sorry that I offended you!

I don't have any further information for you at this time. I'm sorry.

I wish you and your brother the very best.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave