The Mystic Wave
The Mystic Wave, Paralegal
Experience:  30 yrs. exp. in the legal profession. Specializing in Personal Injury, Criminal, Civil & more.
6999

estate

Customer Question

in 1955 my dad said he recieved a federal id from the national guard instead of using his ss#
   he told me at the end of his life he was using this military id to seperate his estate ,his ssn# XXXXX went to my step mom and his military id wasused to give me and my brother assets under that id in the form of investments under our family farm nameeither a trust or a l.p. my name now shows up on data bases saying my primary address is at my dads old house and also my brothers house i have never used or owned those addresses,i believe my brother stole my identity to get the investments how can i find out what happened ,also my brothers attorney thought i was living in my dads house .when he found i wasent he got angry and kicked me out of his office,but i got the feeling he wasnt mad at me ,i think he was conned into drawing up pr papers for mr brother and he forged my signature and falsly notorized them his wife was a notary can anyone help
Expert:  The Mystic Wave replied 11 years ago.

Greetings:

I'm sorry for your situation. I would have to say that you really need to consult with a probate attorney. Gather up all information, documentation that you have - and have the attorney also subpoena records from the national guard/military and other pertinent records to help with your case. The attorney that you hire will also consult with your brother's attorney to try to bring this matter to an amicable conclusion.

If you do not have the necessary funds to hire an attorney, you can contact the state bar in your city/state - and ask for referral attorneys that handle pro bono cases - or you can contact legal aid - they may be able to assist you.

If your brother stole your identity, he is facing criminal charges - that can all be found out with the assistance of legal counsel.

If you wish for further information, please let me know.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to The Mystic Wave's Post:    ihave an attorney but he seems dumb founded about the military id ,ive contacted the Joint Forces Headquarters and they say the id was his for life,my lawyer says he knows my brothers lawyer and he wuold not do what i believe happened i personaly dont think it was deliberate either,my lawyer is reluctant too approach the other lawyer,ithink i need a knew attorney