Coleen Hoffmeister
Coleen Hoffmeister, Legal Assistant
Experience:  23 years in legal experience.
138144

credit repair rapid restore

Customer Question

My credit (which has always been good) came down from 790 to 640 due to four derogatory remarks reported this month. 2 were from credit card companies with zero balance and they are both faxing error correction letters. However 2 others are from collection agencies for $50 and $135. Both were paid in full but neither might send a correction/error deletion fax to me. The $50 was paid without questioning what it is for, and the $135 was a business phoneline bill that somehow got tied to my wife's name. I need immediate help get back to 720.
Expert:  Coleen Hoffmeister replied 11 years ago.
When you received your credit report, there are instructions at the bottom which will tell you how to correct errors on a credit report. If you don't have a credit report, you will need to request one.

Follow the instructions and send a certified letter, return receipt requested notifying any and all companies of the errors on the credit reports. As the instructions will tell you, they have a certain amount of time to correct it. Mark this on your calendar and request another credit report. If it is still on there, you will need to file a complaint with the Consumer Protection Agency with your State Attorney General's office forwarding copies of your letters and the return receipts.

If the business phone line was an error, please request in writing from the phone company a correction letter and also forward it to the credit reporting agencies. On each of these derogatory remarks, respond to the credit bureaus with a "reason" or your feeling that there is an error in the report. They MUST report this on all "extended" reports. What I mean by this is when different companies ask for credit report, they can get just a sort of "highlighted" version, which gives very little, or they can ask for a detailed version. Most times they ask for the smaller version because it costs less. If you have any trouble with getting credit, ask the lender to do a detailed credit request.

You might be aware, that just because you get this off of one credit bureau's report, it might show up on all three major credit bureaus and any other smaller credit bureau and there are a lot of them out there. The only way one can be sure to keep their credit rating up is to check it on a regular basis and keep after these bureaus to correct their errors.

Good luck! If you have any more information you want, please let me know.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Coleen Hoffmeister's Post: Thank for very much. However, I am looking for highly specific information regarding the 4 line items as described and how to rapid restore it back. The letter to the collections agencies to fax a delete/error reporting authorization would be great. Maybe I need an attorney to fax a request to these collection agencies with zero balance. thanks
Expert:  The Mystic Wave replied 11 years ago.

Greetings:

You need to send a letter to the collection agencies requesting that they send you a letter confirming that there was an error - that this has damaged your credit (providing that you can prove this was in error).. give them 15 days to provide you with this information, otherwise, you can tell them that you will be forced to take legal action against them ......again, this is all providing that you can prove that there was an error.

You may wish to do the same concerning the credit card companies if you don't receive the error correction letters.

Once you have the letters, submit them to the credit bureau so that they can reinstate your points - again, should you have any trouble, this would require the advice and counsel of an attorney.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Two suggestions here. One there are individuals out there who can restore your credit faster than you can. If you want, i can put you in touch with someone who specializes in such things. The other thing is, you can fax it to the credit bureau yourself, too. But if you feel you need to pay an attorney, that is what you probably should do.