The Mystic Wave
The Mystic Wave, Paralegal
Experience:  30 yrs. exp. in the legal profession. Specializing in Personal Injury, Criminal, Civil & more.
6999

STATE BUYING HOUSE AND BUSINESS OUT PART 2

Part 2 of Hwy buying out business and home.
We own property the State wants to buy us out.To build a bypass to go around our city. It's a small town and our house sits right where the ramp is gonna be built.We had heard when we bought the house 6 years ago that it was a possibity that the project might happen in 4 years. My husband and I have rented all of our lifes. I came into some money by a lawsuit and bought the house in full because it was perfect to build a auto body shop and small dealer ship as that is what we do. I was pregnet and I have had a hard times medically so it was also perfect because our home was just set back behind the buildings we built.Due to our age and the rest of our kids ,we have 7 would all be out of the house by the except bor the new baby. That would be fine because we want to retire in Co.On our 6th yr here people started coming around from the state taking pictures asking questions taking dirt samples and putting up stakes in the yard.A gentleman came to the house and explained how the whole process worked. That was in nov, 2004 and was told we would be contacted by the end of JAn,2005 with a offer for the home. After he left we were very excited. We had been making plans with realators in Co. and even clippinl out different ways I want our home to look. Looking up towns to move to and I flew out there and stayed with my brother for two weeks to find a area I liked and found one. Then a meeting was called by the state.w
we were informed to go to the middle shool one night with all the peole who were going to be boght out. They had maps drawn out of the wholething. It showed our home ahd how the ramp was going right threw our business and over our home. That it was announce that they had decided to start the job from the other side. In other words form the toen the hwy. was going to stop at instead of begin with. We were gonna be the 3rd house bought out and now they wer telling us wewere gonna be the 3rd house to the lst to buy out. They said the project would take about 4 years to finsih. Another 4 years. We built the business to make a living but did nothing to the home which need alot of work due to the fack of them just gonna tear it down. Now to live in it for another 4 years is just insane. We will have to remodel every room in the house. roof need fixing, floors need insulation, house needs painting, winoeds need replacing, carpet threwout house. New applicnes. We don't have that kind of money to do that.We bought the house but took a seconf morgage to build the shop and the dealership went under. The ayto body is going good but we are 44,000 in the hole from the dealership with the house as calatero. We went from excitement to scared to death. I have been hospitalized 3 times with depression.My family worries about me alot. It's taking a toll on my husband as well.I can't even work now and I'm on S.S. I'm only 4. We were hoping to retir at 50 0r 55. Work a little in Co. doing auto body With the money the state would of gave us. Everyone in town was/is saying we are sitting on a goldmine because of the ramp. its the only place they really could put it. We want out now. We were ready to except the offer withn the year thatwas a fair offer and then get out of here. All the kids would be gone except one. he would have to decide where he would want to go and we are sure he would stay here. so it would be the 3 of us. Baby dad and my. We want to approch the state without seeming to desperate to make us a offer now. Without getting ripped off. How can this happen.Can it happened.PleASE SOMEONE HAVE A ANSEWER! PLEASE.

Greetings:

Your best bet is to send the State a letter letting them know you wish to resolve this matter and/or go to court on this - and ask that this matter be resolved now due to the fact that this incident is creating physical and emotional distress and that you are living in conditions that must allow you to renovate but are unable to do so - You can file suit, or you can file a petition with the court.....You can also file an Offer to Compromise, demanding a fair amount now to settle.

If you are unable to do this on your own, you may wish to hire the assistance of a paralegal office to assist you in the the legal paperwork - it's less expensive than going to an attorney.

Your case is as what I have stated above......being that the State has already admitted that they wish to buy your property - why wait - just present this information to the court - and have it settled.

If you wish for further information, please let me know.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to The Mystic Wave's Post: Hello and thank you for your answer. Did you notice that it says part 2? Cause you answered me two times but both for the same question. Someone emailed me after the first letter and ask for more information so thats why i did the part two. I like your answer but would like to make sure you have all the info.For one, there is nothing in writing as to what date they would buy us out. Thats just the word of the man that came to the house.We do have letters about the bypass going threw and that it would be going threw here. One lady came over when were building and blacktopping the parkinglot which is special in it's on way. Different then other car dealers. Mad alot very jealous. Some even did a poor job of trying to do simalar things but didn't get the same effect.She waas asking Husband questions about what we thought this was gonna cost. Unforinatly he gave her a guess. When he told me that I could of screamed. I told him not to answer any type of questions to anybody since they are planning this buy out.That was 4 years ago. Nobody would notice that the house needs the repairs that i meantioned. It things you find out about as you live here. REal cold in certain rooms in winter finding out no isulationbecause it use to be a garage. We were not told that. there are two rooms like that. The roof leaks a little in a few spots when the snow starts to melt but no one would be able to tell that.But theses are expesive things to do when you think your going to be bought out sometin=me between 1-4 years when we bought the place. OH, god, I didn't meantion the bathroom. now it wasn't that bad but we could deal with it as long as it was a chore for someone everyday to clean it, but it has gotten to the point (One bathroom seven kids and then hubby and i) I for sure would be ripping apart to do a compleat remodleing job including new floor along time ago if I thought we were staying. I think I meantion in the first letter We can't afford to renovate now because the car dealer part has gone under and we only do the auto body work. It is said that the other dealers actually are very jealous of our new site and blackballed us. We are the first buisness people see coming into our town from the main large city all our small area towns shop at. With our special lot and our closest neighbors are about 1/2 mile and they are two large car dealers.Why we would be a threat only God knows. We are very small compared to them. Just ummmmmmm...with a different look then the usuaral car lot.We gets lots of complaments.But this town everyone is related to each other i swear.I'm not kidding. The phone book is thin and has so many of the same names in it if your looking for afriend and don't know thier number just call someone with thier last name and they well give it to you. My husband and I came from Chicago 8 years ago to be close to his family.Anywat, that's not important, I just know you should read the first letter to.Please let me know if you find it. If not I think I have a copy.Thank you.

Greetings:

Thank you for responding.

Yes, I read your first post - it also concerns your personal family matters....the children, the ex....you marrying Ken...

You have written quite a bit of personal information, hon...and I embrace you - I take it though that the main thing, however, is the State wanting to purchase your house and business? For this, I have responded....and it would help to take the matter to a high official - I imagine you can contact perhaps the State Highway and Transporation Department/State Highway and Public Works and try to get the matter resolved.

Even if you don't have visible, dire home repairs, the fact remains that you wish to renovate for your own comfort and they are preventing you from doing so because you will only be spending/wasting money since they have indicated they wish to buy your property - they are stalling - and preventing you from enjoying your home which is grounds for perhaps legal intervention....especially your business may be suffering as well. You deserve to live and work in desireable conditions.

Please contact them or send them a letter advising them of your desire to have them settle this matter at their earliest convenience so that you and your family can get on with your lives, otherwise, you may have to resort to court intervention.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

My best to you and your family.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

The Mystic Wave, Paralegal
Experience: 30 yrs. exp. in the legal profession. Specializing in Personal Injury, Criminal, Civil & more.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.

Hi Mystic wave, ( just love the name}

I really think you are hitting it on the head.I did meantion alot of
personal because it effects us all. Also if we got out now there could
be a chance to help the younger 2, not the baby because we would try to
get the court to make them go with us due to circumstances.The next
oldest is 17 so it's up to her. anyway,

that's why alot of the reason we are so depressed. Can you imagine
Mystic, Just close your eye's and picture this... whats it's like to
have 3 sweet kids at home with us laughing ,playing football, hide and
seek with thier baby brother, kids who call me mom,having a prayer time
together ever sat. for about a hour just a a family and really enjoying
it, and  then having to let them go to a home of drugs. By tue.
The youngest is so into it he doesn't ever want to come back, the
oldest  runs from here to there, the middle hates it but doesnt
want to hurt either parents feeling's.This is why We need someone to
see all sides of the story. The kids's siturations only getting worse
staying here, our home not being able to get remodled and  our
business not going well. I don't know where to start. I wont lie to you
Ken and I are not the smartest people when it comes to this type of
stuff. I always had my father to just do it for me.But he's just to old
now.We are in such debt from losing the dealership we can't hire
anyone.So how can State highway dept /transportion
department/publicworks help us.With out getting ripped off.  

or needing money. There's no one who's gonna
give us a loan. We have to many now setting up the place. How and who
do I direct this letter to? I'm afraid I wouldn't even know what to say
with out seeming desperate. I'm just very scared. I love Ken with all
my heart and the kids but I'm watching him get more & more
depressed as he see's me.Your answer is is very good. If you could just
help out with these few more questions i sure would appreciate it.Thank
you so much. P.S. When is it I give you a bonus? Now or after we are all done?

Greetings:

Thank you for responding and sharing more information.

I'm glad you love my name - thank you very much.

Hon, do you have any names concerning the people who have come by to discuss buying your property...Did anyone leave you a business card?

Also, have you gone to court concerning the children's situation? Yes, I can imagine how great it would be - and it's sad that the children have to go back on Tuesday.....they shouldn't be exposed to the drug abuse....

Not everyone is aware of how to handle certain situations - do not worry and do not put yourself down - just let Ken know that I will try to assist you both the best I can - and hoping that the matter resolves as quickly as possible.

Also, thank you for your offer of a bonus, it's deeply appreciated..We can work it all out after we're done. Thank you kindly.

I look forward to hearing back from you with the requested information.

Thank you.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Customer: replied 11 years ago.

OK, first thing is we have gone to court about other things such as her
just plain being a bad mom cause she is. Totally from day one telling
the kids dad was going to hell ect.. but her lawyer is alwayers better
then ours. She is known for being the best in town and out in the city
is just way to exspensive. We just don't have any money that could take
weeks, months and even years to settle.I have seen lawyer bills that
took my family across the world. LOL. Only no laughing matter here. The
kids go back on SUnday. not tue, What i said was by tue. he is to the
point of being back into the drug life and doesn't

want to leave on sun to come back. Once he's here by our tue. he's haveing a great time being here again.

Ok, Yes we have letters, cards of people we have had come to our home
and at the meeting. We have a file with the info in it. I hope it is
enough but it's the cost of everything that scares us. That's why I got
on the net to see if I could study up on  it and I saw this site
and thought it would help me more then anything else even if it cost me
a little money. You sound very smart and I like how you give it all
thought and not just see a little bit od the picture because i think
the whole pictuce matters in what we decide to do.Which is move. Just
knowing how to do it properly and get the most for it. We are hard
working people and honest and just want to move on and be happy with
out all this stress and you seem to capture all that. So thanks again.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.

Hi , I got a note from Andy saying I haven't responded and I did
respond right away. I don't know wht it didn't get to you. I had put
alot of thought into it too. I wish there was a way to get it off my pc
to paste it. Any way Yes we have a file with cards and letters from the
people from the guy who came to our house to the people we met at the
school. and letters saying the hwy was going threw about 4 years ago.
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I don't know when Andy wrote
to me but I was gone out of town since friday till today. I really hope
you don't loose contact with me. I really have faith in your words. So
does my husband. You have given us some hope again. We really didn't
think we had any. Just still not sure what to do with it. Thanks . Look
forwad to hearing from you. Andy also wrote i got 2 answers. I'm not
sure if meant from two different people or from you cause we have
written more then twice. I haven't seen anyone else's. Shold I ask him?

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to The Mystic Wave's Post:  

Hi Mystic,

I hope you morning is going well. I think I'm doing this money part
wrong all over the place, lol. Andy and you must be laughing at me. I
think I was suppose to accept you right from the beginning when I knew
i liked you.Then wait to bonus you. But after Andy's 2 nd. letter I got
nervous I would lose you so I accepted then and bonus and it looks like
The sessin has been closed so I don't even know if you are getting
this.I hope so. I'm simply writing to make sure.I think it also added
another 5.00 also.I'll get this write. LOL I hope to hear from you
again. Still have answers and questions.