The Mystic Wave
The Mystic Wave, Paralegal
Experience:  30 yrs. exp. in the legal profession. Specializing in Personal Injury, Criminal, Civil & more.
6999

move

Customer Question

a friend wants to move into the area and has a mixed breed coyote.   half Red Heeler and half coyote.   are there any restrictions concerning this?
Expert:  The Mystic Wave replied 11 years ago.

Greetings:

Does your friend want to move to Van Nuys? (I'm in Van Nuys, as well).....

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Greetings:

I was waiting for your response - it may be that your friend is thinking of moving to this area - and, if this is the case, please know that it is not allowed according to government regulations of the Department of Fish & Game/Department of Wild Life.

According to the City of Los Angeles Department of Animal Services, there is no rabies vaccine for coyotes - and they cannot be licensed - (and vaccine and licenses are required).

You can contact the City of Los Angeles Department of Animal Services at(NNN) NNN-NNNN Extension 146 - which is the Wild Life Department - ask for Officer Boswell to confirm.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave 

The Mystic Wave, Paralegal
Experience: 30 yrs. exp. in the legal profession. Specializing in Personal Injury, Criminal, Civil & more.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to TheMysticWave's Post: Thank you for your quick reply.   I believe I stated that this is a breed.   Was this considered in your answer?

Greetings:

Thank you for accepting my response - and you're welcome for the quick reply....Yes, I went by the fact that the coyote is a breed - and I personally contacted the City of Los Angeles Department of Animal Services advising same and to get their feedback.

Please know that I intend to follow-up however - as all officers in the Wild Life Department are out in the field - they will return after 2p.m....thus, I will call after that time and get back to you.

If you have any further information you wish to provide (to assist your friend) when I call the dept., please let me know.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Greetings:

I just got off the telephone with Officer Boswell and.... I have some good news for your friend!  - he indicates that your friend's coyote would be considered a domestic dog  - naturally, a license is required. I had a feeling that I needed to follow up with the initial information received.. All providing of course that your friend intends to move to the Los Angeles area.

If your friend wishes to verify, he/she can do so - at the number below:

(NNN) NNN-NNNN- Extension 146

Officer Boswell (Wild Life Dept.) City of Los Angeles Dept. of Animal Services.

Perhaps I will see your friend's coyote around this area if he/she decides to move out here - but, hopefully, seen on a leash! - please! Thank you.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave