The Mystic Wave
The Mystic Wave, Paralegal
Experience:  30 yrs. exp. in the legal profession. Specializing in Personal Injury, Criminal, Civil & more.
6999

how can a judge stop you from working without telling you why

Customer Question

i am a bondsman in the state of missouri and there is a circuit judge in my area that has not liked me since i started bonding so long story short he told every jail in our district not to let me or my company write bail.

thanx
                                Customer
p.s. this happened 4yrs ago.
Expert:  Nick Sparks replied 11 years ago.
First, confirm the problem in writing:

"Dear Judge So-and-So: It is my understanding that you
have directed jails in our region not to let my company
write bail. Is this true? If so, can you provide me an
explanation?"

See what happens. Then, if appropriate, identify his
supervisor (probably the state judicial conduct board) and
write a well-crafted letter something like this:

"Enclosed is a copy of correspondence with Judge So-and-
So of (town). In it, he says that he has directed jails in my
area not to do business with me or my firm. Is this
appropriate and legal?"

Keep it short and sweet. Once you have carried out these
steps, if the problem persists, contact me for further
suggestions. Good luck.
Expert:  The Mystic Wave replied 11 years ago.

Greetings:

Please answer the following for me so that I may assist you:

What exactly happened 4 years ago that would make him take such action - and/or what specifically is the judge saying about you? Any thoughts you may have on this will be helpful.

Has the judge taken any other action(s) against you?

Have you consulted with an attorney with regards to this matter?

Have you kept a record/diary of any conversations you have had with others wherein you know for certain that the judge told them about you? 

Do you have any witnesses to back you up on said action and/or accusation(s), such as personnel from the jails or at the courthouse? 

Since this happened 4 years ago, certainly your business/income has suffered greatly and by what you have stated, I take it that the jails will not let you in to conduct your business (correct me if I'm wrong) - however, have you kept a record/diary of personal losses for same - to include any and all names, addresses, telephone numbers and dates?

What other evidence do you have concerning the action or accusation(s)/ made by the judge against you?

Please respond.

Thank you.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave