How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask The Mystic Wave Your Own Question
The Mystic Wave
The Mystic Wave, Paralegal
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 427
Experience:  30 yrs. exp. in the legal profession. Specializing in Personal Injury, Criminal, Civil & more.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
The Mystic Wave is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Larceny after trust

Customer Question

I entrusted my sister in Florida with my car by signing over my title until I could get all my domestic problemsover with and in the trunk of my car it was full of antiques. Now she won't give me my car back and she is selling my antiques in an antique mall in Ft Pierce, Fla which is where she lives. What can I do? Might I add that I live on a fized income which is not much and have a grnadson 4years old with sturge weber syndrome and an 85 year old daddy that I have to take care of or I would have already been to Florida to take care of this myself. I am not asking for charity, Just some one tell me a lawyer who is commly referred to as "the Bull" and I'll do the rest. I am not in the mood for playing games at this point. I am very serious.
Submitted: 12 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Steve -- a.k.a. Oreport replied 12 years ago.

I am not sure that even an attorney known as 'the Bull' can do very much to make your situation better.  This is why...

You signed the car's title over to your sister -- so, unless you have a
document stating that this was a temporary arrangement and/or some
witnesses -- I can't see where you have much hope of getting the car
back from your sister.

Similarly, regarding the antiques, do you have any witnesses or
anything in writing which indicates that your sister agreed to return
them to your possession at some future point?  If not, you face an
up-hill battle at best.

You mention that this arrangement with your sister was in response to
some sort of domestic dispute (I assume with a spouse).  It sounds
like your purpose in doing this may have been to hide assets until
after a divorce proceeding was concluded.

While I can sympathize with your situation -- my gut tells me that what
you did is probably illegal.  If that is the case -- trying to
remedy the situation with your sister -- besides being more than likely
unsuccessful -- may actually serve to get you in legal trouble over the
property transfer.

I am not an attorney -- the general advice I have given you is based on
life-experience and on my experience as a counselor.  I strongly
advise you to consult a Florida attorney -- to verify the accuracy and
completeness of the advice I have given you here.

Many attorneys will consult over the telephone and most attorneys do not charge for a first-consultation.

Good Luck!

Expert:  The Mystic Wave replied 12 years ago.


I am very sorry about your situation. My thoughts are with you.

Please review my profile for my qualifications in which to answer your question.

Please know that you can send your sister a letter, via certified mail, return receipt requested, advising her that the items that are in her possession are in fact yours and state that you have previously asked for them to be returned, yet she fails and refuses to return them (this should really be stated in the letter, as this will be helpful to you should you need to file action against her). Further state that this is now a legal matter - it's considered theft for the act of taking something from you and not returning it to you - and now selling stolen merchandise - this is a criminal matter. It is also most important that you are able to substantiate that these items are in fact yours. If you have receipts of purchase, photographs, anything that can prove that you are the true owner...then you do not have anything to worry about. Just give her 30 days in which to return all of the items to you...If she hasn't responded, then you can contact the police and advise them - they will have her arrested...of course, it is very sad should this happen, after all with her being family - however, only you can be the judge as to how far you wish to take this situation...

Or, another option you have is to take her to court...small claims or a higher court depending upon the value of your property. Also, if you have witnesses that were present at the time that you actually purchased the items, you can have them sign an affidavit, in front of a notary public. It would also be to your advantage to have the witnesses present at the the time of the hearing (this is of course, if you wish to pursue the matter, legally). Again, the decision is yours.

Below is the address for Attorney, Adam can click on the link below to send him an email.

The Law Firm Of Adam Bull

64 Broadway Suite 100
Asheville, NC  28801

My very best to you.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
< Previous | Next >
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL
  • Not only did he answer my Michigan divorce question but was also able to help me out with it, too. I have since won my legal case on this matter and thank you so much for it. Lee Michigan

Meet The Experts:

  • Tina



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
< Last | Next >
  • Tina's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
  • Ely's Avatar


    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
  • JPEsq's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Experience as general attorney, in house counsel, SSDI, Family Law attorney, and law professor
  • Law Educator, Esq.'s Avatar

    Law Educator, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
  • FiveStarLaw's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years of experience helping people like you.
  • Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.'s Avatar

    Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.
  • Dimitry K., Esq.'s Avatar

    Dimitry K., Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

Related Legal Questions