CountryDoc
CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian
16703648

I am searching for some information re swollen front legs

Customer Question

Hi i am searching for some information re swollen front legs both legs where it meet the neck there are large lumps and it appears to full of fluid .this info is for my Brothers calve hereford cross apron. 12months looking very good and otherwise healthy.i am a relatively new farmer cattle breeder myself and my priority is to have health cattle could you please give some comments / advise. thanking you very much. appreciate your help.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cattle?
Customer: i will have to ask my brother i too really want to now what it is my brother is in northern Victoria and i am north of Melbourne . i will get back to you as zoo as i hear from my Brother. thanks.worth to mention he got a photo of the calf on his face book wall would a photo help?
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 20 days ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

How long has the calf been like this?

Any fever or scours?

Are its inner eyelids pale/white or normal?

When was it last wormed? What was used?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.