CountryDoc
CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian
16703648

My nubian dwarf doe has swelling on both sides of her neck

Customer Question

my nubian dwarf doe has swelling on both sides of her neck just below the jaw, where the diagrams say the thymus glands are, and she is acting a little lethargic, although she still has a good appetite.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The veterinarian will know how to help the doe. What is the doe's name and age?
Customer: her name is***** and she is three years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Bo?
Customer: she last kidded in January, and may have been bred recently
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 29 days ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Any changes, sores, or signs of infection around the head, in the mouth, the forefeet, or down the front brisket?

Are you seeing any other swellings at the armpit, or just below the back of the knee?

Does she have a fever, any breathing changes to paling of her gums

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.