CountryDoc
CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian
16703648

A top tooth or two are growing outside the mouth on one of

Customer Question

A top tooth or two are growing outside the mouth on one of out alpacas. Still eating well and shows no discomfort. Should something be done about this?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Any signs of weight loss for Zinga?

Has her appetite shifted to certain foods?

Can you take a photo of her teeth to let me see what you are seeing? To post online, you can use the paperclip icon above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your quick reply. Zinger is not showing any signs of being uncomfortable, so to be able to give you a close photograph of the problem, would it be ok to wait until shearing time at the end of this month? (He is in the shearing list this year). Once again thank you for your reply.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hi again,

That sound be absolutely fine, especially if she is comfortable and eating otherwise. We'll just leave this question open (no need to reply until you post since that way I will be able to see the new message when you post) and you can post that when you can.

Best wishes for you both,

Dr. B.