Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in treating large animals of all kinds.
16881297

The past two days notice my llama has been laying, Sammy

Customer Question

The past two days notice my llama has been laying
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your llama. What is the llama's name?
Customer: Sammy when she gets up she tends to wabble like her legs are asleep
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sammy?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry to hear about Sammy's condition. This could be due to trauma to her back or neck or from an infection. It is important that your vet examines Sammy to know for sure. For now, it would help to give Banamine if you have this on hand or get this from your vet to decrease the inflammation on the nerve supply that has been blocked or damaged.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta