Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  As a veterinarian, I have been educated to treat all animals, big and small.

My goat is 3 months old and is not doing well not eating is

Customer Question

my goat is 3 months old and is not doing well not eating is weak and it is not peeing
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the goat's name?
Customer: buddy
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about buddy?
Customer: he was just castrated about 3 weeks ago
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 17 days ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has it been since he passed urine?

Is he straining to go?

Is his belly tense, sore, or painful?

Are his gums pink or pale/white?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
he strains and cried as if in pain
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 16 days ago.

Oh dear,

That was what I was worried about. In that case, his signs are highly supportive of urinary blockage and this is an emergency for poor Buddy. We need his local vet to catheterize his blocked urethra (sometimes surgery is indicated) and get his urine flowing. If this isn't done urgently, there is risk he could rupture his bladder, damage his kidneys or pass away due to the toxin backflow into the blood. Once he is unblocked and injectable pain relief started, he will feel much better but at the moment this is an emergency for your poor lad and we need him to his vet or them out to him as quickly as possible.

Kind regards ***** *****

Dr. B.