Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  As a veterinarian, I have been educated to treat all animals, big and small.

I have a pot bellied pig 3 years old he some of my horse

Customer Question

I have a pot bellied pig 3 years old he some of my horse supplements from their feed he is sick . Had runny stool and is very legargic . I think he ate remission which is to help horses to not founder
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your horse will be able to digest that. What is the horse's name?
Customer: My pig is the sick one
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your pig?
Customer: I will call them but they do not take care of pigs
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He is 2 very healthy never sick. I have banamine paste or should I give him pepto? He is about 200 lbs
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He clearly are the horses supplements that he did not cleanup after breakfast
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Now you have not listed how much he has had, but if you can that would be ideal since it would allow my to determine how severe some of the mineral doses he has had are. Otherwise, aside from the minerals, most of the product is only likely to cause gut upset and short term diarrhea. And in regards ***** ***** question, you can give Pepto Bismol (10ml for his weight every 8-12 hours) or Kaolin/Kaopectate to slow the diarrhea and coat the gut; but no Banamine. Otherwise, you will want to tempt him to eat and increase his fiber intake (ie canned or cooked pumpkin, etc). That way these will bulk up the stools and reduce dehydration secondary to diarrhea. Of course, we also need to keep him drinking to keep him hydrated and help flush this all through.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, please rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )