CountryDoc
CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian
16703648

Nubian wether with round dry patch under his chin. Noticed

Customer Question

Young Nubian wether with round white dry patch under his chin. Noticed smaller round patch on outside of one ear and two on underside of other ear. Seems to be spreading rapidly since I only noticed it a week ago on the ears.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Is the patch crusty or scaly?

Does he seem irritated by it or rubbing it on anything?

Any redness or sores associated with it?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

Hi again,

My apologies, but I cannot offer the live phone call option at this time. Therefore, please let me know if you want to discuss your wee one further via the Q+A feature as we have or if you wish for me to opt out to see if a fellow colleague can offer this service to you.

Dr. B.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have 3 jpeg photos am trying to send you. In the meantime, patches are crusty and granular, no redness. Have pretty much eliminated ringworm.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

Thank you,

If you can post them here (using the paperclip) or on any site and then sending me the link here, that would be grand.

Otherwise, what treatment have you used such that you can rule out ringworm?