CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian

Has fluid on one knee. Had drained clear liquid out with

Customer Question

Has fluid on one knee. Had drained clear liquid out with syringe & it c as me back three weeks later.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the large animal?
Customer: It's a boer goat
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has he had this? What treatments have been tried?

Was the fluid drained with sterile technique by his vet or was this done at home? Was it thick/vicious or watery?

Was it thought to be from the knee joint or the tissue near the knee?

Any fever or pain now?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Drained by vet with sterile needle, watery liquid then wrapped with halo for week -10 days. Its near knee /joint slightly below. ?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Thank you,

First , I am very glad to hear that his vet did drain it, since doing so without sterile technique carries a huge risk of joint infections from skin bacteria developing from the tap/draining itself.

Since you noted it was slightly below, did his vet feel the fluid was from the joint (usually this is clear, thick, sticky) or from the soft tissue?

Besides wrapping, was any drug used here?