Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in treating large animals of all kinds.

I have a 6 month old. Angus steer that looks like he is

Customer Question

I have a 6 month old. Angus steer that looks like he is pregnant
A large ex tended stomach
I want to find out if I could feed him something to get him to pass the mass from his blocked up stomach?
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry that it has taken me so long to answer your question. This bloat you see is most likely due to excessive gas production from a large amount of carbohydrates. It is imperative that you attempt to remove this gas via a stomach tube or pass 1/2 gallon of mineral oil every 6-8 hrs which will neutralize the gas producing bacteria. If it is severe , you may have to have your vet examien him and pass teh tube to release this gas. This can be very serious for your guy.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 month ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Gregory Begin. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta