Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  As a veterinarian, I have been educated to treat all animals, big and small.
60269376

We have a constipated show pig and wondered if there was a

Customer Question

We have a constipated show pig and wondered if there was a withdrawal time for something like a fleets enema?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the pig's name and age?
Customer: Stinky is 6 months today. We have fair next week
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Stinky?
Customer: We can't even get her to take mineral oil. We don't want to run into issues with withdrawal times as she is a market animal
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When might we get an answer?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome, I am Dr. B and would like to help you today.

In this case, a fleet enema would not be advisable. It has a high sodium content which can cause electrolyte imbalance in animals. Instead if you need to give an enema and need to avoid withdrawal times, you'd be best to give an enema made with a mixture of warm water, dish soap, and KY jelly. This is what we use in practice with good results. It can be administered just the same and help get things moving for this pig.

Please take care,
Dr. B
------------------------------------
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Afterwards, please make sure to rate my help ( using the stars or typing a rating) as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you. :)

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.