Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  As a veterinarian, I have been educated to treat all animals, big and small.

He is straining to pee he is 9 mos old, he is dripping pee

Customer Question

he is straining to pee he is 9 mos old
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the large animal?
Customer: he is dripping pee but act like he is in pain and shaking
JA: What is the large animal's name and age?
Customer: Oreo 9 mos Lamacha goat
JA: How old is Lamacha?
Customer: 9 mos
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lamacha?
Customer: no his name is Oreo he is a Lamacha goat
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Oh dear, poor Oreo.

I have to say that I am very worried about your lad. For male goats to struggling to urinate and appear painful are major red flags of uretheral blockage. This is an emergency for them, as this can lead to full blockage, bladder rupture, damage the kidneys, and even death. So, I implore you to ring his local vet and get them out urgently to unblock him and make sure we head off any lasting harm.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )