CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian

Re: Little Brother He and the rest of our sheep have been

Customer Question

Re: Little BrotherHe and the rest of our sheep have been wormed with oral Ivermectin twice in the four months.Would you still recommend the injectable Ivermectin Plus?
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dan C., DVM replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for getting back to me:

Definitely have a fecal sample checked. There could very well be some resistance to the Ivermectin. If that is what you have used and there are still parasites present, consider switching to another product such as Valbazen, which is also oral. I have worked with a few herds that used Ivermectin products exclusively for years, but then the worms developed a resistance. After multiple attempts with various de-wormers, Valbazen is what worked in the end. However, there is no “for sure” de-wormer these days (like Ivermectin once was…).

Please let me know what you find, and how things turn out. I’ll be turning in for the evening, but if you have more questions, let me know. I’ll check any replies in the morning.

Thanks again,

-Dan C., DVM.