Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in treating large animals of all kinds.
16881297

I have a 3 1/2 year old ghlander cow. She has a mucous

Customer Question

I have a 3 1/2 year old Highlander cow. She has a green mucous discharge coming from her nose and she has a slight tremor(head twitch)
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the head's name?
Customer: Louise
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Louise?
Customer: She eats well and seems to be normal other than that.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 4 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It is hard to know what is causing Louises symptoms but this may be a sinus infection or upper respiratory infection. It is a good sign that she is still eating but the head tremor worries me since this is a neurologic symptom. At this point, I would start Louise on high doses of antibiotics and possibly an anti inflammatory medication such as Banamine since this infection may be interfering with the nerves in that area causing this head tremor. If there is no improvement within a few days, your vet will have to examine Louise because sinus infections are difficult to treat and prescription medications may be required.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****