Dan C., DVM
Dan C., DVM, Veterinarian
Experience:  Equine Practitioner. Owner of Mobile Equine/Large Animal Practice for 16 years.
8634083

Jersey steer has a urinary blockage seems better today is

Customer Question

Jersey steer has a urinary blockage seems better today is urinating now , should i chance it or have him slaughtered?
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dan C., DVM replied 4 months ago.

Hi Candy:

It seems that VetFor You is currently unavailable, and I wanted to be sure that you received an answer to your question. Unfortunately, once urinary blockage starts, (which is normally due to urinary bladder stones) it’s an ongoing battle that usually ends up with poor results. I would recommend that you consider a slaughter of the steer. This will not only save you a lot of headache and possible expense, but it will save the steer from enduring the unnecessary pain and suffering as well.

Trust I’ve helped, but please don’t hesitate to ask, should you have any further questions.

Dan C., DVM.