Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in treating large animals of all kinds.

I have a 4th freshing Toggenburg that is at 150 days

Customer Question

I have a 4th freshing Toggenburg that is at 150 days pregnant that was confirmed PG after 30 days but now is not uddered up or sinking in like normal. today is the 150th day since she was removed from the bucks pen. How long do we give her before we start to induce her. We have had 2 does this year that we induced and lost both of them so we are afraid to induce since she is not uddered up or sunk in.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the buck?
Customer: the buck is a normal healthy buck and the ame one she was bred to last year.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 months ago.

Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It is likley that this doe is not pregnant if she is not showing any signs of mammary development or sinking in. It is not unusual for does to have a fetus absorbed after 30 days. I would not attempt to induce her at this time. After 155 days, you may consider this but it would be best to have her ULtrasounded to be sure there is a fetus. This LINK may be helpful.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****