Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in treating large animals of all kinds.

Our baby goat got bit on the back p by our donkey, she can

Customer Question

our baby goat got bit on the back hip by our donkey, she can stand but doesn't have strength and she's crying
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the baby's name and age?
Customer: Boo and she's 2 months
JA: What is the baby's name?
Customer: Boo
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the baby?
Customer: she was a large baby when she was born and couldn't walk for the first week until we worked with her and bottle fed her.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 months ago.

Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry to hear about Boo's condition...I know it is hard to see her in distress. The only thing you can do is to continue to get her up even if it is painful to get her strength back. If she is older than 8 weeks, aspirin can be given to decrease pain at 5 mg per pound every 12 hrs as long as she is eating. For now, supportive care will be crucial to survival.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She passes through the night. Thank you anyhow.

Oh my! I am so sorry!! Poor Boo had too short of a life but you did all you could.