CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian

Hunching, coughing with tongue out, severe weight loss,

Customer Question

Hunching, coughing with tongue out, severe weight loss, closing of one eye, week and lathargic
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) What type of animal is your companion?
2) When did these episodes begin?
3) Do you have a video to share of them?
4) Is s/he still eating and drinking?
5) Any vomiting or diarrhea?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is a cow
One eye is like squinting and has a little white discharge as well
It all started about three weeks ago, but the hunching and weight loss maybe a little longer as we came out of winter I just thought she was thinking from lack of grass.
She is eating and drinking and then she finds shade to either hangout or lay down in
North vomiting that I can see but her stool looks loose compared to normalI can shoot a video of her and upload it.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for your reply, JACustomer. It looks like your question was placed in the pet category instead of large animal. I'll get it moved for you. Hopefully one of our large animal Experts will be by to help you shortly.