Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in treating large animals of all kinds.

I was just reading a post on a pot belly pig limping,

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: I was just reading a post on a pot belly pig limping, because mine is doing the same. He is 3 years old and roughly 175 lbs and has been limping on his front right leg for close to a week. According to what I'm reading here - maybe I should try aspirin at 5mg per pound 2x a day? He's kinda difficult to transport to the vet, so I was hoping to treat it at home.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Yes. He lets me touch his feet and leg without issue. I don't notice any wounds or selling.
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the pig's name?
Customer: *swelling
JA: Huh?
Customer: Mookie is his name.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mockie?
Customer: No. He's healthy otherwise.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 4 months ago.

Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Since Mookie is otherwise healthy, there is a good chance that he moved the wrong way and sprained a ligament or tendon in that front leg. More serious issues would show with swelling somewhere or a painful spot. These sprains or strains are so deep within the musculature, that you cannot see any marks or signs of pain. You were correct to give Mookie aspirin at 5 mg per pound every 12 hrs for 5-7 days. Make sure that he has eaten prior to or when you give him this medication. Of course, if this does not help, then a vet will have to examine him but in most cases, this will be enough to stop the limping.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta