CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian

We have a pig, birthrate 2/06/16, that has lost some weight

Customer Question

We have a pig, birthrate 2/06/16, that has lost some weight and noticed bleeding from the rectum.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the pig?
Customer: What causes that? And how should we treat it? With LA200?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How much blood did you see? A spoonful, more or less?

Is the pig passing blood with feces?

Any fever or history of trauma or access to toxins (ie rat bait, dead rodents, etc)?

Are his gums pink or pale/white? Any pinprick red dots on the gums?

When was he last wormed?