CountryDoc
CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian
16703648

I have a nubian wether approx 8 yrs.he was fine 2 days ago

Customer Question

i have a nubian wether approx 8 yrs.he was fine 2 days ago then yesterday i noticed him laying down with his head turned aroung like looking backwards went to go check him out and is neck is like bent that way i can bend his neck back straight with no effort but when i let go it goes back bent and he is wobbly walking .i have never seen anything like this.today he seems worse won't stand at all i don't want to see him suffer
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the wether. What is the wether's name?
Customer: simon
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Simon?
Customer: no he seemed healthy before this
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 9 months ago.

Hi there. My name is***** to hear that Simon is unwell. I will do my best to help with your question. First I have a few questions to help me better understand your situation. Is Simon willing to stand up on his own or does he require a lot of support. Does he appear to be able to see you or does he appear blind? Does he appear aware of his surroundings?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no he passed away last night