Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  As a veterinarian, I have been educated to treat all animals, big and small.
60269376

I gave my 12 wk old pigs deworming shots and they all have

Customer Question

I gave my 12 wk old pigs deworming shots and they all have a bruise. Have I really messed up? Since they're young, will this go away?
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. If all the pigs are bruised, this does suggest that you were a little to rough with your injections (less commonly we could see this if they had ingested anticoagulants or had a genetic clotting issue). In any case, bruises do fade in time and don't tend to cause any lasting harm. We'd actually be more worried and need to treat if they had abscesses from the injection. Therefore, you may just need to be a wee bit more gentle when administering dewormers but this will go away and you have done no serious harm. Please take care,Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. B.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Turns out my husband sprayed antiseptic on the injection sites and didn't tell me. I thought they were bruised but it was the blue/purple antiseptic spray.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,That is a best case scenario here and I am glad to hear that it wasn't bruising as you had suspect. Hopefully, he will refrain from giving you any more unnecessary scares.All the best,Dr. B.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )