CountryDoc
CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian
16703648

I have a baby goat who has had recurrent pneumonia, been treated

Customer Question

I have a baby goat who has had recurrent pneumonia, been treated with multiple coursesbof Nuflor, and recently had 2/separate injections of batrol. We put him on a small dose of oral bactrim, but he now is not standing and it looks like he has alot of pain in his legs, particularly the back ones. I suspect it is from the batrol. The vet knew the risks, but he was looking line he may have had to be put down because he wasn't tolerating injections anymore and would relapse as soon as he completed the course bod Nuflor. Sorry for the long story.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: What anyi inflammatory can I use other than banimine for his pain?
JA: What is the baby's name?
Customer: There is no wound. Both legs seem to be affected.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about There?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me: How old is he?Do you mean Baytril?Are his joints still or swollen?Are his gums pink or pale/white?Is he still eating for you? Did he get colostrum when he was born?