Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  As a veterinarian, I have been educated to treat all animals, big and small.

I just put the recommended dosage of Ultra Saber on one lactating

Customer Question

I just put the recommended dosage of Ultra Saber on one lactating cow and another cow who is pregnant and due to calve anytime. I should have read the label first as it says not to put on lactating cows. The lactating cow has a 2 month old heifer calf on her side who is doing well. Hopefully I haven't done anything to hurt the lactating cow, her calf, or the very pregnant cow. Next time I will more closely read the label before applying. Please advise.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help. In regards ***** ***** question, the warning is more directed at a the drug's ability to cross into milk for human consumption and whether the company making the product has had it licensed for lactating and pregnant cows. The good news here is that this combination is not dangerous for the calf nor the pregnancy. It is a product that can be used on calves (>600lbs) but we do know that this combination has been licensed for use in lactating and pregnant cattle by another company (ie AiM-L). So, there is no worry here even if this brand specifically hasn't undergone the red tape/research to allow them to list pregnant or lactating cows as treatable with this. Please take care,Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.
Good morning,How is everything going?Dr. B.