Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  As a veterinarian, I have been educated to treat all animals, big and small.

I have a goat and he won't go to the bathroom JA: I'm sorry

Customer Question

I have a goat and he won't go to the bathroom
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the goat's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he is 6 months old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bug?
Customer: He was born premature with his sibling who died because they wouldn't suckle. He has lived in the house and was bottle fed.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: He did spend the weekend with a friend of mine while I was out of town
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help. Now you have not specified what Bug cannot pass. If he cannot pass urine, then a urinary blockage would be a worry and that is a goat emergency. So, if that was what you meant, then we need to act fast and get his local vet involved before the bladder can burst as that would be fatal. Therefore, if there is any chance at all that he cannot urinate, we'd need is vet out urgently.Otherwise, if you meant that he is straining to pass stool and can urinate normally; then we can give him some encouragement to pass stool. To do so, you can administer Milk of magnesia at a dose of 15 milliliters per 60 pounds of his body weight ever 8-12 hours until he passes feces. Alternatively, you can also drench mineral oil (you can start with 5 -10 milliliters per 10lbs of body weight every 4-8 hours until you see normal stool). Both will lubricate the GI and help address any constipation.Overall, how to approach this situation and its seriousness all depends on what he is trying to pass. If it is stool, then use the above but if you are in any doubt that he can urinated normally; then that would be emergency and we'd need his vet out urgently. Please take care,Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He has gall stones
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It took a long time to get back.