CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian

I have two baby Nigerian

Customer Question

I have two baby Nigerian pygmy goats that are about 2 1/2 weeks old. Pulled from their mother at day 2 and bottle fed whole cows milk 4 oz every 4 to 5 hours. The doe is doing great. She runs jumps plays and sucks from the bottle like there is no tomorrow. The buck has never really been one to eat but we do manage to get food in him. He was doing pretty good until today where it is lethargic acting hunched back and almost knock kneed hind end. We have tried pepto and baking soda mix also Pedilyte and he has not gotten better. He will not take a bottle now. Any suggestions or help would greatly be appreciated. We are suppose to see a vet tomorrow morning but I am concerned for the little thing tonight.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me: Does he appear bloated?Did he have black stool or scours before the Pepto Bismol was given?Is he passing urine regularly?Is he painful in his belly when you press on it or lift him? Any teeth grinding, flank watching or kicking?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We ended up taking him to a vet out of town due to the delay in response.