Dr Linda
Dr Linda, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a practicing veterinarian with over 20 years experience in a mixed animal practice.

I'm Melanie. It's our goat and she either got her hoof

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Melanie. It's our goat and she either got her hoof caught or our horse might have stepped on her hoof. It's not bleeding now, but I need to know what we can give her for pain. Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated.
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. What is the goat's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** and she's approx 1 yr.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Blue?
Customer: No maam
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Linda replied 6 months ago.
Hello, this is Dr. Linda. I hope I can help with your question today.We can safely use aspirin in goats, but at a higher dose than you might be used to. Aspirin is dosed at 100 mg/kg every 12 hours. You do not say what size goat Blue Moon is, but for a 100 lb goat, that would equal 4545 mg of aspirin every 12 hours. Using regular strength 325 mg aspirin tablets, you will need to get 14 tablets into her. See if your feed store has large animal aspirin if you need the larger amounts.I hope this helps with your concerns about Blue Moon's injury. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.Thank you.