CountryDoc
CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian
16703648

I have a one year old pygmy goat that injures his right back

Customer Question

I have a one year old pygmy goat that injures his right back leg on a bench. he got his leg hung and does not want to put much weight on it. I have wrapped with with a bandage and he favors the leg still. Should I purchase bute or use an animal liniment?
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: There is no wound. Just swollen between ankle and knee and warm to the touch. he will let me touch his leg and gently rub it.
JA: What is the goat's name?
Customer: Eli
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: It doesn't appear broken. Just maybe sprained.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:How long ago did he injure this leg?Can he put any weight on it? Does the leg hang as if shorter then the other?Does the bone all feel stable (especially where its swollen)?