Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  As a veterinarian, I have been educated to treat all animals, big and small.
60269376

How do i vaccinate a baby calf in the dewlap?

Customer Question

how do i vaccinate a baby calf in the dewlap?
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. If you need to vaccinate this calf in the dewlap, you need only lift the skin between pinched fingers to draw it away from the body. Afterwards, we administer the injection just underneath the skin (subcutaneously) usually using a 45 degree angle of insertion. Aim for the region about an inch above the brisket region. And to help you see where to aim, you can look at this diagram (attached).
Normal
0
Please take care,Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.
(please disregard the "normal o" font note from the system). -Dr. B.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.