CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian

Their we have 2 pet ewes aged almost 3 years. One of them

Customer Question

Hi their we have 2 pet ewes aged almost 3 years. One of them is limping and appears to have blood underneath her foot so I am thinking it may be footrot? The other ewe has red around the rim of her eyes and they seem a bit crusty around the area and is teeth grinding and rubbing her head a lot on fence posts and on the ground. Her nose and eyes seem a bit weepy. We don't think she has eaten anything poisonous but am not sure??
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has each had signs?

Is the discharge from the sore-eyed ewe clear or snotty/green/yellow?

Is the discharge from her nose from both nostrils or just one?

Any haze, clouding, or changes to the clear cover (cornea) over her eyes?

Any odor or other changes on the foot of the lame ewe?

Can you take a photo of each ones' issue? If you can and post them, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paper clip icon above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, just post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me follow.