Dr-Bonk, Veterinarian
Experience:  Five years as a veterinarian performing farm calls for livestock, including herd health checks, vaccinations, and pregnancy testing. Also operate a small cow/calf operation.

How much antibiotic can I give my calf per day or week?JA:

Customer Question

How much antibiotic can I give my calf per day or week?
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. What is the calf's name and age?
Customer: No name two and a halfs months
JA: What is the calf's name?
Customer: No name
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your calf?
Customer: No I was checking on a breech birth when I noticed the calf wobbin and foaming at the mouth. I gave it 12 ml of la200 and B 12
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr-Bonk replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I'm Dr. Bonk. I'm sorry to hear about your calf's troubles. LA 200 can be given every 48-72 hours. A 200 lb calf would get 10cc. If the calf isn't showing improvement by the second dose however, it would be best to switch to another antibiotic such as Baytril or Nuflor. These would both have to come from a veterinarian. If the calf is running a fever, you can also give aspirin or Banamine to help reduce the fever.I hope this helps. Please contact me with any further questions you may have. Thank you and good luck!
Expert:  Dr-Bonk replied 6 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?