Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM

I have twin newborn goats ...the are about 2 1/2 hours old

Customer Question

I have twin newborn goats ...the are about 2 1/2 hours old and can not stand on front legs...they both have nursed... Could this be because of the lack of vitamin E ? Shold I give the baby 400iu of vitamin E?
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 6 months ago.
HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this. It is not that unusual for newborn goats to not be able to stand if they are weak. What they need is plenty of milk and colostrum and you may have to milk the mom and feed them extra to make sure they get enough. Here is a great article on how to care for newborn kids: let me know if you have additional questions. Sincerely, ***** ***** rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated for my answers. A positive rating will not close this question and I am happy to provide follow up answers. Thank you very much!