Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in treating large animals of all kinds.

This is the second day that she has been in labor and she has

Customer Question

this is the second day that she has been in labor and she has other yellow foam around her mouth and wanted to know is that normal and this is her first delivery is there anything I can do for her
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the large animal?
Customer: well she's in labor for a second day now and it's got me worried because she should have had the baby by now and I don't know how long it takes to mama goat to give birth
JA: Where does the baby seem to hurt?
Customer: By her cervics
JA: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: Her vulva is really swollen
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: Thats it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 6 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. This yellow foam is indicating stress. Since this is her first delivery, it can take awhile for her to deliver unless she pushes NON STOP for more than 1 hr...if this is the case, then call your vet right away. This means that there is a problem and she may be in trouble and require help or a C section. If she is suffering from Pregnancy Ketosis, this will require immediate help and this could also account for the yellow foam from her mouth. This LINK can explain in more detail. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta