Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in treating large animals of all kinds.

I have a mama goat that is in labor and she's got yellow foam

Customer Question

I have a mama goat that is in labor and she's got yellow foam around her mouth what does that mean and is that part of her being in labor
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 6 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. This yellow foam may be caused by the stress of the labor or it could also indicate that she may be in trouble. The rule of thumb is that if she pushes NON STOP for more than 1 hr, call your vet to help retrieve the kids or kid before it is too late. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****