CountryDoc
CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian
16703648

I have about a one year old ewe, all of a sudden goes off by

Customer Question

I have about a one year old ewe, all of a sudden goes off by herself and lays in the middle of the field. Seems to be sick, although she was eating this morning. She did the same thing yesterday. She has always been flighty. I have had her since she was a lamb and also have the ewe that is her mama. She has been on hay and is not transitioning to green grass although the grass is not very plentiful yet. They have ample water and always have.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me: Any coughing, sneezing, teeth grinding, or scours?Any fever or breathing changes?Are her gums pink or pale/white?When was she last wormed and what did you use?Any other signs that she is showing to help you and I narrow down what is giving her bother?