Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in treating large animals of all kinds.

He stopped eating Saturday. He has always eaten well. He is

Customer Question

He stopped eating Saturday. He has always eaten well. He is holding his feet like he has a tummy ache, but he also shakes his head. He drinks water and has eaten a few bits of grass.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the head will be able to digest that. What is the head's name and age?
Customer: Clark. a male goat 1 yr. old.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Clark?
Customer: Not that i KNOW OF. i DID WORM HIM Saturday morning, just in case
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 7 months ago.

Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

My fear for Clark is that he may have a blocked urethra. I say this because of the way that he is standing and the fact that he is very lethargic. If you have seen him urinate recently normally, then this may not be the problem but if you have not and there is no urine around him, this could be what is causing his distress.

If this is not due to a urinary issue, this may be a digestive disturbance that will often respond to Pepto Bismol at 1 tablespoon per 10 pounds of his weight every 8 hrs. Try these to see if he will respond to this treatment. If this is a urinary issue, you will have to contact your vet.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****