CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian

I picked up a two day old calf that s mother left her she

Customer Question

I picked up a two day old calf that his mother left her she was weak but still able to stand in brought her in and gave her a bottle she was fine the next morning we woke at 5 am to feed her again and she was cold and stiff and very weak and labored breathing we put her in a hot tub and tubed her with electoral lites she is now alert and warm but her neck is stiff and acts like she has more muscle control
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Did her labored breathing subside? Or any congestion?

What is her rectal temperature?

Is it only the neck that is stiff now? Is she throwing it back towards her back?