Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in treating large animals of all kinds.
16881297

I got the temperature of my sick goat 39degree and her gums

Customer Question

Hi i got the temperature of my sick goat 39degree and her gums are a light pink she still had nothing to eat or drink since yesterday
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 9 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This temperature is normal so it may be that Tina has caught a virus or has been injured. The best course of treatment now is to provide supportive care which includes Pedialyte, 10-20 cc every 6 hrs to keep her hydrated and liquified grain mixture given by syringe every 6 hrs to keep up her nutrition. It will not hurt to also give Pencillin at 1 cc per 20 pounds of her weight every 12 hrs. This is available at the farm supply over the counter. If sweet Tina does not respond within a day, have your vet examine her to know for sure. If she is pregnant, this may be due to a problem with the fetus.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello just letting u know Tina is doing ok, it was the heat she doesn't like it, thank u so much for your support
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 8 months ago.

I am so happy to know that Tina is doing well...Heat can certainly cause problems. Have a wonderful day!!!