CountryDoc
CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian
16703648

I have a female boar goat that I had the horned a couple

Customer Question

I have a young female boar goat that I had the horned a couple weeks ago. Shortly after I had to treat her with penicillin for conjunctivitis. Then her eyes became matted for days and she could hardly open them. Eyes are better on the goat but her belly had been big. She has been dewormer and doesn't look like bloat as the weight looks equal on both sides. She falls easy and has much trouble getting up. Do I treat her for bloat?
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

What was she wormed with? Did it cover fluke as well?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?

Does the belly feel fluidy? Or does it feel gassy (usually they are tight like a drum skin and give a hollow ping when you flick the belly with your fingers)?

How is her appetite? Any scours?

Can you take a photo of her so I can see how she is distended? If you can do so and pos them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your-phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket,Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Peaches dies last night.